**Update 1 July 2020 14:00**
Last week we announced that our plan is to continue our online service as our main provision but that we also hope to be able to open for a prayer meeting on Sunday evening. Having received and digested the guidance from the government and the Church of England we are thrilled to be able to confirm those plans and we will, God willing, be holding a prayer meeting in church this Sunday evening!
Due to social distancing requirements we are having to severely limit the number of people who can come and that means you will have to book your place in advance. You can do that online by clicking this link or, if you have difficulty with that, by telephoning us on 0115 9786988. We will need someone to operate the tech desk (with minimal requirements) and someone to steward each week so if you can help with that please sign up in one of the relevant slots, otherwise just sign up to come.
We anticipate that places may fill up fast so we have made it possible to book a place on one of the other Sundays in July too, but us holding similar meetings on those other Sundays is conditional on this Sunday’s one running smoothly and on the PCC reviewing it at our meeting on Monday. Initially you will only be able to sign up to come on one Sunday in July, but that may be relaxed depending on takeup.
Things will be rather different from what we’re used to – there will be no singing, no refreshments, and there will be strict 2 metre social distancing. You will need to bring your own Bible as the pew Bibles will be removed. The toilets will be available but we hope to minimise their use (so please go before you come…). There is no requirement to wear face masks but you are welcome to do so should you wish to.
The guidance we have been given concerning people over 70 or who are clinically vulnerable is that they should be made aware of the risks associated with gathering like this but the decision as to whether or not they come is theirs and theirs alone. If you would like to discuss that with the vicar, or if you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
While we are unable to meet together we are hosting as many of our regular activities as possible online.
Our Sunday services are streamed every week at 10:30am and you can access them via our YouTube channel, where you can also find playlists of songs on the theme of each week’s service. Children’s resources mentioned in services can be found here.
The service for 5th July can be watched here.
Following the service there is the option to join an online conversation with other members of the church family. That conversation, along with weekly Connect Groups and a weekday morning prayer gathering, can all be joined in the same way – the only difference being the day and time at which you join.
- The live-streamed Sunday service starts at 10:30am with the online conversation starting at about 11:05.
- To take part in Connect Groups you need to join some time between 7:45 and 8:00pm on a Wednesday
- The weekday morning prayer gathering starts at 9:00am
Here’s how to join:
- Church members should have received a link by email which will enable them to join with a single click – if you should have received that email but haven’t please let us know.
- If that doesn’t work you can download the ‘Zoom Cloud Meetings’ to your phone, tablet or computer. For an iphone / ipad click here, for an android device click here, or for a computer click here. Once you’ve got that downloaded you can simply open it, click ‘join’ and enter the meeting id which is 560 656 133. You will also need a password which is available from Henry.
- If you can’t get that to work you can dial in from any telephone – you need to call 0203 481 5240 and then at the prompt enter the meeting id – 560 656 133 – followed by #. You will also need the password available from Henry.